April 2 is “celebrated” as the Day of Unity of the peoples of Belarus and Russia. The holiday appeared after signing of the Treaty on the Creation of the Community of Belarus and Russia on April 2, 1996 (later changed into the Union State). Therefore, today the military department was focused on the celebration, which consisted of information events, publication of congratulatory videos, etc.
In this regard, we paid attention to the “Anfas” show, in which a story was shown (see 6:00), dedicated to “hybrid wars, information bombs, psychological traps” against the Armed Forces of Belarus. It should be noted that the mentioned material partially used old comments of Belarusian propaganda.
Briefly on the key messages of the story:
- Information attacks on the Belarusian Armed Forces continue. But the army “confidently holds its ground”;
- Belarus is being dragged into an armed conflict (in Ukraine). But Belarusians are in favor of diplomacy and peaceful resolution of any conflicts;
- The army is building up its capacity as an effective deterrent;
- The peacekeeping mission of Lukashenka in all conflicts is emphasized;
- One of the components of building information resilience is the support of civil society (understood as “experts” and “public figures” who visit military units with “political information events”);
- Unity of all Belarusians is required in the face of a threat.
The narrative has changed into the opposite direction. Given the lack of significant success of the Russian Armed Forces in Ukraine (and the withdrawal of some of its troops), Belarusian propaganda is switching to a new (old) narrative – “for peace in the world”. The propaganda seeks to turn the war in Ukraine in the direction required by the Belarusian authorities.
To be fair, it is worth noting the correctness of some messages. For example, the extremely negative attitude of Belarusians to the war in Ukraine is shown by the latest survey. Such sentiments are taken into account by the authorities in planning their further actions (including on the information front).
The review is made by the monitor group of the Hajun Project
На русском языке:
Обзор основных событий беларусской пропаганды о войне в Украине за 2 апреля от Гаюна
На беларускай мове: Агляд асноўных падзей беларускай прапаганды аб вайне ва Украіне 2 красавіка ад Гаюна