Another edition of the “Arsenal” show was released. Some of the stories dealt directly or indirectly with the war in Ukraine.
1. The show included a story about the situation at the Belarusian-Ukrainian border.
Key moments of the story:
- The focus is on personal stories of soldiers (conscript soldiers and officers);
- The story has comments from the mother of one of the soldiers, she is worried, but calm for her son and knows where he is;
- The tasks of the military are purely defensive, no one is going to attack anyone;
- Soldiers and officers are in a good mood;
- The army confidently protects its country
The story is built on personal stories and comments of soldiers. After watching it, we should get the feeling that the service of strengthening the state border protection is not something out of the ordinary. This is one of the ways of practical use of the units of the Armed Forces of Belarus in a situation close to combat. A short comment of the soldier’s mother, who knows where and what her son is doing, is also noteworthy. In general, the story can be characterized as “calm”, showing the measured rhythm of service at the border.
2. In the “Razvod” column, a correspondent of VoentTV:
- “Logically” substantiated Poland’s territorial claims to the territory of Western Belarus and Ukraine;
- Accused Western countries of not being interested in stopping the war and bloodshed in Ukraine by supplying weapons, sending military advisers and mercenaries.
The narrative about Poland’s desire to reclaim “Kresy Wschodnie” is not new, it was actively used by Belarusian propaganda after the 2020 elections. In this case, it makes sense to pay attention to the accusation of Western countries of the ongoing war in Ukraine. According to the logic used in the plot, it would be possible to end the bloodshed if the leadership of Ukraine recognized all claims on the part of Russia. However, in this case the propagandists do not consider Ukraine’s right or possibility to defend its territorial integrity and freedom.
Amid the tragedy of Bucha near Kyiv, which was done by Russian troops, the propaganda will continue to direct all its efforts to dissociate the Belarusian leadership from the responsibility for the aggression against Ukraine.
The review is made by the monitor group of the Hajun Project