На русском языке:
Беларусь вводит продовольственное эмбарго на товары из стран, применивших санкции
На беларускай мове: Беларусь уводзіць харчовае эмбарга на тавары з краін, якія ўжылі санкцыі
The national legal portal published the Resolution of the Council of Ministers №700 «On application of special measures». It turns out that starting from January 1, 2022, Belarus imposes a food embargo for 6 months on goods from countries that have applied sanctions. The ban will not affect goods for personal consumption, baby food, critical imports and goods imported before the entry of this Resolution into force.
The ban will be extended to goods from: the European Union and its member states, the United States of America, Canada, the Kingdom of Norway, the Republic of Albania, the Republic of Iceland, the Republic of North Macedonia, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Montenegro, the Swiss Confederation.
It is reported that imported goods are going to be replaced by goods «from friendly countries»:
«At the same time, measures will be taken to ensure balance in the consumer market, including via its saturation with domestically produced products. Importers, commodity producers and trade networks will be focused on replacing goods not produced in Belarus with supplies from friendly countries»,– the press -service of the government reports.
In addition, it is noted that in case of further «destructive actions», the list of prohibited goods can be expanded.
The following goods from the EU and the US will be banned from importing and selling to Belarus from January 1:
- live pigs;
- cattle meat, fresh or chilled;
- frozen cattle meat;
- fresh, chilled or frozen pork;
- edible by-products of cattle, pigs, sheep, goats, horses, donkeys, mules or horses, fresh, chilled or frozen;
- poultry meat and edible by-products, fresh, chilled or frozen;
- pork fat separated from lean meat, and poultry fat;
- salted meat, in brine, dried or smoked;
- food flour from meat or meat by-products;
- milk and dairy products, except specialized lactose-free milk, specialized lactose-free dairy products for dietary therapeutic nutrition and dietary preventive nutrition;
- vegetables, except those intended for sowing;
- fruits and nuts;
- pork fat and poultry fat;
- fat of cattle, sheep or goats;
- lard stearin and other animal oils;
- sausage and similar products;
- «other food products».