Hajun Project published a report on Belarusian propaganda activity on the war topic for March 22.
1. Soldiers of the 103rd Guards Airborne Brigade returned to their places of permanent deployment after «successfully accomplishing tasks to reinforce sections of the state border of the Republic of Belarus.» The paratroopers were greeted with state symbols and bread and salt by their fellow servicemen, relatives and friends.
This is not the first such an event – a meeting of the returning from the border as part of the rotation of the Armed Forces of Belarus. And each time such meetings have a similar scenario: bread and salt, a military band, and the abundant presence of official state symbols. Such meetings are necessary primarily to strengthen the moral and psychological state of the troops, as well as to demonstrate to society that the Belarusian military are defenders, and not participants in the war in Ukraine.
2. The coverage of activities of the military «to strengthen the sections of the state border of the Republic of Belarus» continues.
From the published report you can learn that:
– Soldiers perform the following tasks on the border: preventing breakthroughs on the border section; surveillance of various UAV; and preventing the activities of sabotage and reconnaissance groups;
– In the event of emergencies and military activities, the members of the guard post occupy a circular defense and defend a section of terrain;
– For local residents of the border areas, «people in uniform are nothing new.»
Such reports demonstrate the non-participation of the Belarusian Armed Forces in hostilities in Ukraine. The strengthening of state border protection is dictated solely by national security goals and is of a defensive nature.
3. It is worth noting that the information resources of the Ministry of Defense of Belarus, while actively covering NON-participation of the Belarusian Armed Forces in combat operations in Ukraine, do not mention the use of our country’s infrastructure for aggression against Ukraine by the Russian Armed Forces. As an example, we can recall the photos of pilots of Belarus and Russia, who took part in the exercise «Union Resolve – 2022″ (published on February 25, 2022 – the day after Russia’s attack on Ukraine). Despite the fact that the Russian Air Force is still actively using the military airfield in Baranavichy, there is no information about it in the official sources of the Ministry of Defense. In this regard, we can state that (so far) propaganda in relation to the war in Ukraine has taken a course to the maximum disassociation of Belarus from it.
The review is made by the monitor group of the Hajun Project
На русском языке:
Обзор основных событий беларусской пропаганды о войне в Украине за 22 марта от Гаюна