На русском языке:
Светлана Тихановская назначила Татьяну Щитцову представителем по образованию и науке
На беларускай мове: Святлана Ціханоўская прызначыла Таццяну Шчытцову прадстаўніком па адукацыі і навуцы
The press office of Sviatlana Tsikhanouskaya reported that Tatiana Shchyttsova has been appointed as Representative on Education and Science today. In addition, the Office thanks Volha Shparaga and her team for cooperation during last year.
It is reported that in her new position Tatiana Shchyttsova will be:
- coordinating assistance to students expelled from universities on political grounds, school and university teachers, scientists dismissed for their civil position;
- elaborating new solutions and reforms in the area of education and science;
- cooperating with independent Belarusian organizations that work on education issues;
- developing international cooperation to let Belarusian science expand at the international level and promote the research of Belarusian history and culture;
- monitoring and assessing new developments in Belarusian education and science.
Tatiana Shchyttsova commented on her appointment: “Overseen by the authoritarian regime, Belarusian schools have become hostage to absurd bureaucratic requirements, and universities have lost their autonomy. Our education and science, especially in the social sciences and humanities, are critically behind international standards. Instead of improving the quality of education, the regime seeks to make educational institutions conform to its destructive ideology, expels and dismisses disloyal students and faculty.
Today we have two key objectives:
- To assist expelled students with opportunities in continuing their education;
- In cooperation with expert communities, elaborate a package of solutions for the future reform of education and science in the new Belarus”.
Tatiana Shchyttsova is Dr. habil. in Philosophy and a professor at the European Humanities University, Vilnius. She got her degree in Belarus and graduated as a doctoral candidate from Russian State University for the Humanities, Moscow. She undertook internships at universities and colleges in Germany, the UK, and the US.