On November 27, the Day of Solidarity with Political Prisoners of Belarus, Sviatlana Tsikhanouskaya calls on foreign leaders, activists, journalists and all friends of Belarus to support Belarusian political prisoners: go to a rally or picket, make a statement, wear white-red-white clothes or remind others about Belarusian national symbols, send letters to political prisoners or hold an online flashmob, according to the politician’s website.
«Tell us about the courage of Belarusians. Let’s show the people who suffer from the actions of the Belarusian regime that the world community supports them. It supports protest leaders Maryia Kalesnikava and Maksim Znak, who continue to dance and smile in the courtroom. Brave journalists Katsiaryna Andreyeva and Darya Chultsova. Unbroken bloggers Ihar Losik and Siarhei Tsikhanouski. A man of spirit Mikita Zalatarou, who is not even 18 years old. Andrzej Poczobut, Volha Zalatar, Natallia Hersche – all innocently imprisoned Belarusians»,– Sviatlana Tsikhanouskaya said.
The solidarity of the international community is not only words of support, but also concrete steps.
- Belarusian diasporas can hold rallies, mass pickets and solidarity actions.
- Local authorities and city mayors can light up facades of city buildings in national Belarusian white-red-white colors; put white-red-white flags on the facades of buildings or windows; make a reception in honor of Belarus.
- Media and digital influencers can help with the dissemination of information about the situation in Belarus; record interviews with Belarusian politicians, activists, journalists, victims of repression; publish videos, articles, photos in support of Belarus; use hashtag #StandWithBelarus.
- Parliamentarians and politicians can make a statement on Belarus; initiate and support a resolution/declaration in support of democratic Belarus; write letters to Belarusian political prisoners or patron of them.
- School or university professors can organize a lecture about Belarus; discuss the situation in Belarus with pupils and students; write letters to Belarus political prisoners together with pupils and students.
- Think tanks and academia can hold an online or offline event about the crisis in Belarus; discuss possible solutions to resolve the crisis, and the support of the international community.
- All friends of Belarus can support Belarusians by donating to funds helping political prisoners and their families, such as A Country to Live In, BySol, #BY_help.
На русском языке:
Светлана Тихановская объявила 27 ноября Днем международной солидарности с Беларусью
На беларускай мове: Святлана Ціханоўская аб’явіла 27 лістапада Днём міжнароднай салідарнасці з Беларуссю