- A slight increase of aviation activity was recorded. During the day, exercises of aircraft of the Belarusian Air Force were conducted at Baranavichy, Lida and Machulishchy airfields.
- Two military transport aircraft arrived at Baranavichy airfield from Russia:
- At 13:30, An-12 aircraft of the Russian Aerospace Forces (RF-93586) arrived from Ivanovo. It’s known that the aircraft brought some cargo and at 15:25 flew back to Ivanovo.
- At 14:20, An-26 aircraft of the Russian Aerospace Forces (RF-90319) arrived and at 15:50 flew to Gromovo (Leningrad oblast, Russia).
The intensity of movements of the Russian Armed Forces by rail remains low. During the day, military cargo trains with equipment of the Russian Armed Forces/Belarusian Armed Forces were spotted near Minsk, Asipovichy and Homel.
Movements by road
- No large columns with military equipment of the Russian Armed Forces were recorded, single trucks and fuel trucks were spotted in Baranavichy and Minsk.
- Vehicle activity of the Belarusian Armed Forces was even lower, single trucks were only spotted in Minsk.
Military activity on the territory of Belarus on January 17 / Belarusian Hajun
There is a slight increase in aviation activity of the Belarusian Air Force. At the same time, military transport aircraft of the Russian Aerospace Forces keep arriving, which, according to our information, bring some cargo to Baranavichy airfield. It is possible that they bring ammunition or some equipment.
No other changes in military situation were recorded. The conclusion made in the report for January 15 remains valid.
Changes in the number of the group of the Russian Armed Forces in Belarus: no data