Starting today, a detailed chronology of military activity on the territory of Belarus is available on our online map hajunby.motolko.help. All activity of the Belarusian and Russian Armed Forces for the previous day is already available for analysis and has been divided into categories.
Military activity on the territory of Belarus on January 9 / Belarusian Hajun
No aviation activity has been recorded.
- Intensive movements of equipment of the Russian Armed Forces by rail continued. Russian military cargo trains were recorded moving on the Minsk-Barysau line, as well as in Homel, Asipovichy, and Orsha.
- A military cargo train of the Belarusian Armed Forces (with equipment of the 11th Mechanized Brigade) was being formed in Slonim. Also, a military cargo train of the Belarusian Armed Forces (most likely of the 103rd Air Assault Brigade) was seen in Brest.
Movements by road
- No large columns of the Russian Armed Forces were recorded. Small columns (up to 5 vehicles) were observed between Baranavichy and Minsk. Insignificant movements of the Russian Armed Forces were recorded in Homel and Minsk.
- Active movements of fuel trucks of the Russian Armed Forces were observed near Baranavichy. According to our information, the fuel trucks refuel at the 2657th fuel and lubricants base of the Belarusian Armed Forces (military unit 55435) and further supply the Russian group with fuel.
- An inspection of the 4th Separate Tank Battalion of the 19th Mechanized Brigade has begun. The 7th Engineering Regiment and the 740th Anti-Aircraft Missile Regiment also take part in the inspection.
Intensive movements of the Russian Armed Forces by rail continue. The type of movements indicates a regrouping of the Russian troops in Belarus, as well as a possible rotation of part of the Russian contingent. At the moment, Russia is not yet accumulating troops near the border with Ukraine.
Changes in the number of the group of the Russian Armed Forces in Belarus: no new data.