A meeting initiated by the delegations of Lithuania and Norway together with the Norwegian Helsinki Committee took place in the framework of the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly in Birmingham. The head of the Belarusian Free Theater, playwright Mikalai Khalezin told about it in his telegram channel.
The chairman was Senator Roger Wicker, the vice president of the OSCE, known for his tough stance on sanctioning of dictatorial regimes and their entourage. William Browder, the author of the Magnitsky Act, a Russian social activist Yevgeniya Kara-Murza, a Lithuanian representative Geidrius Surplys, a representative of the Norwegian Helsinki Committee Gunnar Ekelof-Sludal and the head of the British iSANS office and art director of the Belarus Free Theater Natallia Kaliada took part in the meeting.
A meeting in the framework of the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly / nicolai_khalezin
In her presentation, Natallia Kaliada gave detailed explanations of the situation in Belarus based on the following facts: the number of people convicted under political articles; the struggle of Belarusians against Putin’s troops, including the rail war and providing information to the telegram channel of the Belarusian Hajun Project; the likelihood of death penalty against members of the resistance movement; the destruction of Belarusian identity and culture by the Lukashenka regime.
In addition, Kaliada provided recommendations on how to solve the problems in Belarus:
- Recognition of the territory of Belarus as occupied;
- Recognition of Sviatlana Tsikhanouskaya as the only legitimate representative of the Belarusian people;
- Complete delegitimization of Lukashenka as part of the Cancel Lukashenka campaign;
- International criminal trial and international tribunal as mechanisms for crimes against humanity in 2020 and for war crimes and aggression against Ukraine;
- The need to change the narrative regarding Belarus, given Lukashenka’s transfer of its territory under control of the Russian aggressor;
- Synchronization of sanctions and their harmonization for Russia and Belarus;
- A unified system for issuing Schengen visas for Belarusians;
- Making decisions on the admission of Belarusian students to study at European universities;
- Unblocking the accounts of Belarusian businessmen in Europe, and making e-registration easier for them;
- Making decisions to provide Belarusians with the documents necessary for international travel.
На русском языке:
«Полная делигитимизация Лукашенко»: На мероприятии ПА ОБСЕ обсудили решение проблем в Беларуси